It always feels good to accomplish something.
This last month I have been working to finish a lot of my first year projects so that they are in a presentable form for the coming year examinations. So yesterday I finished framing my ceramic tiles. I handmade these tiles beginning with the design; then the making and carving of the plaster mold; then the process of pressing clay into the mold to make the tiles; then babysitting the tiles so that they dry just right without any warping. Once they are dry they are fired in the kiln. Then you go through a series of tests with the colored glazes to find the right combination of colors you want to use. The tiles you see above are a combination of under glazes with regular glazes.
The tiles you see below are a combination of red and white clay with just a clear glaze on top.
As to my random thoughts... the following seem to sum it up without having to say anything at all... they just happen to catch my attention today along with these pictures from my trip to The Hague, Amsterdam
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war and a time of peace."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8"It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools." –Ecclesiastes 7:5
2 comments:
The tiles look awesome!
I love that scripture...do you mind if I copy you and use it as well one of these days?
Nice job on the tiles...how long does all that take? I loved the designs and colors.
And yes I saw that you "tagged" Taylor and I and we will get around to doing it...one of these days ;) I loved what you wrote about in your tag. It was perfectly you.
Post a Comment