Saturday, 22 November 2008
Seaside and Countryside of Southern England
These pictures were taken back in June... some friends from school and I went to Paul Merchant's (our geometry teacher/tutor) 60th Birthday party! He lives right on the southern coast of England and he was so sweet to invite us to his party. He kindly let us stay overnight at his lovely home... little did we know how close we would be to the seaside! He lived literally just beyond the ridge of the beach...hence I suppose the reason they call their community "The Ridge" and no wonder he only comes to school for one or two days a week... I can only imagine what it would be like to be able walk out my front door and in less than a minute be walking the coast line at sunrise or sunset everyday! It was so nice to see the seaside! The rocks on the beach were surprisingly soothing on your feet plus they conformed quite well to your body as you sat down and got comfortable... but the water was pretty cold! It was also fun to see the English country side, cottages, and some of the castles you always imagine seeing when you think of England. It was also cool to see some of the city of Rye (one of the oldest in England). Over all, it was a great weekend trip!
Check out the Rocky beach!


The Ridge Road...to Paul's house
Two of our friends stayed at this old country farm and this is the view outside the window.


This wall was more than a 1000yrs old...


Sheep were everywhere!
I love this picture... It totally reminded me of the tree in the movie, 'Pride and Prejudice' that Elizabeth walks by...




This house is being taken over...look at the ivy league or whatever vine it is(?) That house looks like it is being eaten by nature...

And the country roads...Oh my, are they narrow... yes that is our car. Amazingly enough we did manage to somehow pass the other cars without touching!
The back of Paul's house and the Octagon to the right in the middle of Paul's garden.
Front of Paul's house.

Part of Paul's garden...
Paul built this octagon building; this is also where we slept!


Park just beyond the ocean ridge.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
England truly does have a BEAUTIFUL countryside. How lucky for you that you got to see some of it. I absolutely love the last picture of the rocky beach. It makes me want to sit down and write a book..even though I'm not the best writer I think that I could come up with a good book in that setting. ;)
I'm soooo incredibly happy that you're enjoying your time in England and making the most of it. You truly are an inspiration!
Love you tons!!
Post a Comment