Aprils London Sunshine

Thursday, 27 November 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Well I thought I’d send a little updated photo of what I have been up to… I have been in a miniature mode of painting and am now working on my Indian miniature… which thankfully by the end of the day I will be done painting the hundreds of little leaves with its bright white fruit on this tree… some serious tedious work going on but I’m learning lots and getting excited for it to be done too! I finished the Persian miniature last Thursday and I am now working on the islimi border and calligraphy that will be surrounding it but here is a picture of the latest…everything else is going well for me… I’m just trying to work as hard and as fast as I can while maintaining the quality I expect of myself… so I’ll keep my fingers crossed that I will get it all finished before I head home for the holidays… Love you all! Thanks for all that you do! Again Happy Thanksgiving!

Look at those leaves! I had hoped that they would all just magically appear but apparently I have to draw them one by one...

And this is the tree I am working on... ignore the back ground... its not even close to being done but the tree is the most tedious... so I am tackling it first... I must say that when I look at this tree I think about how blessed I feel. That this tree and each leaf could represent all the many blessings my family and I have received and in so many other countless ways...

Sorry the picture is crooked... I didn't want to take the time to fix it... but that is barely 4" x 6" inches... so it is pretty dang small...Thanks to the squirrel that died on behalf of my squirrel tip brush... I was able to do the detail that was needed...!

And this is the overall frame that will have a floral Islimi border around in the bold brown area and the calligraphy will be in the the little box... I attempted once to do the calligraphy as you can see I've now covered up but the next time you see this... it will look much better....



2 comments:

Rachel Nielsen said...

Wow! Looks awesome (of course)! Can't wait for you to be home :) Keep up the great work. Love you

Lauren said...

Patience is a virtue and I'm pretty sure you're officially the queen!!! Everything looks great and once again you have managed to impress me even more than I thought was possible =)

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I love you and wish you the best as you finish up before you get to go home for the holidays.

ciao!