Aprils London Sunshine

Thursday, 22 January 2009

Good Morning... so the past few days have blown by, I can't believe it is Thursday already...

Saturday I ran into CUPID...it seems that he is constantly at work.... and the following is what I have been trying to avoid his arrow with...!



The "Before" view; plate with gold lacquer on it...


The "After" view...

From far away it looks great.. right? The gold gave the effect I was looking for and really helped the roses...plus the lines helped clear the confusion between the blended underglazes in some places... you can kind of see the difference below...




But apparently the kiln decided to play tricks on me by not being consistent with my previous experience of using gold lacquer... so if you look closely you will see the splotchy-ness...


See what i mean...?





Overall I really like the design but I am hoping there might be a solution to even out the surface of the gold...?



Maybe it didn't fire high enough or if i apply another thin layer over it; fire it, then maybe that would help...? I'm going to ask Simon and see what he says...


On ward and upward...


The next project to finish was calligraphy...











Overall, I am quite pleased with it...



So these two will be framed side by side like this but there is going to be a Islimi design that will border both windows with a sentence of calligraphy under each...I'm really excited to finish this...



Saturday morning I went to the National Gallery to see the "Renaissance Faces" from "Van Eyke to Titan" Exhibit. It was the last day it was up so I got there at 10 am when it opened and this is what I saw...
Notice the London Eye back there in the background... but he cool part was the way the sun was lighting up the fountain....

Several hours earlier, before this beautiful morning light, it was literally pouring rain! It turned out to be a lovely clear blue sky all day!

I hope you all having a great day! Love you...

No comments: