Aprils London Sunshine

Sunday, 26 April 2009

Troy + April = Love and Happiness

So this is what I put into a couple of frames today:






Of course I SO needed pictures of Troy and I printed out and in picture frames for my room!





And the following are cute pictures that I have yet to frame or do something with...as well as pictures from our trip...




We went to Troy's Sigma Chi Alumni Formal dinner/dance in Mesquite... we ate; I met his friends; we danced; and simply had a good ol' time!




I loved this magenta pink dress! --I think Troy loved it too; he took this picture!




And here we are in black and white...





I absolutely love Troy's eyes... and his nose; I think it's so cute... Oh and his lips too (especially kissing them!)--He is so handsome! And he looked so good in his suit that night!



Okay this guy Arron was hillarious--he carried that flask hidden in his suit jacket the whole night; it was HUGE!!! But I am showing you this picture because when we first came into the banquet room, he came over to give Troy a big hug; then while someone else was hugging Troy, grabbing away his attention...Arron came over to me and told me that I should consider myself "one of the luckiest girls in the world" because Troy is the best guy he has ever known... he explained that Troy has been one of the greatest examples to him throughout all the years he has known him... The respect and love in his voice was obvious as he sincerely expressed how Troy has truly been a genuine, real, honest, down to earth, fun loving person with an amazing heart and soul--he said those kind of guys are rare and come few and far between...Anyhow it was really cool to meet all of his friends over the weekend and see the overall love and respect they each had for one another despite their various interests and lifestyles...




This is us with Kenny and Chelsea--they were very kind to let us crash at their house in Vegas numerous times over the two weeks we were together....





This was a beautiful day...we went to the beach with a couple of his friends; we got in the freezing cold water for only a few moments and then warmed back up by peppering with the volleyball and laying in the sun...




Then we went to La Jolla and walked around looking at the tide pools and seals' flopping and squirming around while basking in the sun...



We were hoping to possibly snorkel but we ended up just walking around enjoying the warm spring day...



Okay I had to put this picture up not only because it's a pretty good view of the coast... but also because Troy thinks he looks like a HOBO with the blanket draped over his backpack carrying all of our stuff...However, I think it's a nice picture...





Troy's buddy Rickson lives in this apartment building; the 7th floor balcony over looks the Padre's stadium.



I don't know what I was saying or thinking in that moment but my expression looks retarded and Troy looks like he can't keep his eyes open;I think it's funny--so I had to show it...



We went to the beach earlier that day and got sunburned! This picture is a little blurry but we had a good time...



Troy loves baseball! Loves to play it too; he also likes to play softball in a local recreational league. It was fun to watch him play; awesome... when he hit the ball out of the park!




Again another retarded picture of me that I took of myself just to prove that I was there--Ridiculous, I know... sometimes it just happens... sometimes a lot! Oddly (LOL) for some reason I was really really cold; so I loaded up on the sweatshirts... After the game we were driving to Vegas to sleep at Kenny's house so that we could get up early and drive to Lake Powell...




So these are the only pictures I have of Troy and I together... I forgot to use my camera while we were in Lake Powell with my family...



The Penrose family was with us and their kids could not get enough of Troy! I had to literally squeeze myself in to sit next to him by moving Walker to my lap...


Here as you can see... Sally (the little girl in the pink coat) is trying to squeeze herself between Marissa so she can sit next to Troy!



And that eventually didn't work so Sally sat on Troy's lap. I must tell you all that Troy is a trooper! Not only did he get mauled by these cute little children 24/7 but apparently Sally couldn't wait to go 'wee wee' until we got to the beach...yes she tried to be inconspicuous about it as they splashed water along the side of the moving boat but when he noticed his swimsuit was wet on his knee/thigh while sitting in the middle of the boat... she bashfully looked at him... Yeah, so he got pee'd on...Way to take one for the Team Troy!



Then Phillip had his 18th birthday...hip hip hooray!



And we ate yummy cake...!





So the next day we went to the beach... and this sand/mud was so cool! You could jump on it and it literally was like a stiff trampoline...but as you kept jumping it became an old trampoline...the surface mud would start to crack, then bounce back, and then because the sand underneath had so much water in it; it would ripple along the surface spreading the cracks wider until suddenly were sucked into the ground! It totally surprises you and you think of the movie scenes with quicksand...It was intense and so fun to play in; however, you could only sink so far...




Well then Phillip starts to sink and so he grabs me startled but then he pretends to try and get out by pushing me deeper into the sand...!




And he is enjoying every minute of it! look up close at his face...(okay I was too...even though I was getting attacked!!!)



So to say the least, it was fun...!


Then Mom decided to ski without a dry suit in 53 degree water! So I had to do it too! It was freezing but so so much fun!




Oh yes the joys of Lake Powell in the Spring: smooth soft freezing cold water!


BUT I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!


This is how I usually can tell if I had a pretty good spray of water because it hits me in the face on my way back to the wake...I got a cold headache from it! Gotta love it!




I decided that skiing in freezing cold water actually makes me stronger. The day before I went skiing with a dry suit on and barely lasted 3 minutes, I swear! I've decided that my muscles were so cold that I couldn't tell if they were tired or not?! So after what felt like forever long, I let go...



Have I mentioned how much I love water skiing!!! It's a wonderful joy in life... Seriously though, I am such a happier person for the rest of the day when I can waterski at least once...




I was a little distracted while taking this random picture of Troy because I was thinking how 'Hot' he was sitting there on the boat!




Then we rode the tube with Marissa so it wasn't as rough and wild as it would have been but we still had a fun...







At this point Troy thought it was a good idea to try and throw me off the tube but I was way too strong for him!!! LOL


See... look how tough I am!




I think Marissa felt like she might get pulled into it...




Because in all reality he really had me pretty good; could of tossed me out there if he really wanted to.... but truth be told and rest assured: I would have done my best to make sure I pulled him in with me!



We got some pretty good air here and there... though that is the most sturdy tube I have ever been on!



Tubing is always fun...




Even with no hands...!


Usually that 'goats' the driver but we had a little one on board and the wind was picking up so we were making the most of it...



And this concludes the Lake Powell pictures for now... I am wide awake at 3 am due to jet lag and I have a train to catch at 9am. So I better go finish packing my bags...



This last picture was on our second-to-last day together... San Diego really has some cool sites to see...but just being with Troy made me happy; it didn't matter what we did--I have so much fun being around him... I have many more pictures of our trip but the time has flown by; this will have to continue next week sometime when I get back from France...

Have a great week! Love you all...!

5 comments:

Lisa & Aukuso said...

YEAH! for Love and Happiness! I couldn't be happier for the both of you!

Rachel Nielsen said...

Cute pics!

The Fab Fabian Life said...

I am so mad I missed you-- I wanted to hear every stinkin detail!!! I got your message Friday because my phone has been broken :( I guess all these cute pics will have to do! Love you!!!

Lauren said...

LOVE IT!!! Great pictures & even better stories. You and Troy are absolutely adorable together and I can't believe how hot you are! OK I really can and I love it. He's very handsome and I love how happy he makes you. It's perfect. I can't wait to hear more. =)

love you!!!!

Bean said...

Love the pics, LOVE LOVE LOVE that magenta dress, and I'm sorry I haven't called you back yet, I suck! We'll be chatting soon!