Layarli is from Jordan and is the sweetest girl!
with the cutest smile!








Stairs to the crypt...
Entrance the Crypt... (I actually didn't do the tour, since I did it last time I was there so I just took a peak inside)





Notice the adversaries/vices being crushed at the different Saints feet...










This tree was so weird--it had these little red things on them and I thought it was so fascinating that it was its complimentary color...


























This is our room--yes I can make a mess in a very short amount of time! LOL

And I look ridiculous at 430am when the sun is rising! LOL I had just come back from the states and wasn't fully adjusted to the time difference!

but it was so pretty....

This is the view out my window that I was looking at; kind of blinding but it felt invigorating!















They played music at night and displayed these different light presentations across the cathedral and surrounding buildings...












I loved those leafs for some reason--the wrinkles fascinated me; especially up against the lines of my own skin...











The sculpture inside and out was absolutely incredible! You have to see it! The amount of work and time it must have took...almost unbelievable yet so beautiful!




Inside the Cathedral was a sculptural depiction of Christ's life, death, and resurrection... This is just one window of 32 total (I think?)

This goes to an area of the cathedral that is restricted--I've never been in there but heard that it holds some of the more precious ornamentation and jewels...?



This is a huge Labyrinth (symbol of the soul's journey) on the floor, as you can see by the size of the chairs. The first time I came to this Cathedral we got special permission to move the chairs early in the morning before it opened and walk along the path each individually... (your two feet can stand side by side on the path) Its pretty cool how it winds around--Just when you think you are near the center you turn and get directed away... The cool thing is the the rose window at the front of the Cathedral has Christ in the center. Architecturally if you were to lay the front facade of the building with the rose window onto the ground... it would perfectly line up and parallel with this labyrinth--hence showing that Christ is at the center of the labyrinth and is what our individual soul's journey is seeking to reach as you walk the path of life...I absolutely love Chartres Cathedral and the town itself. Its cute and quaint with its cobble stone streets, cafe's and little shops... Plus it has the best baguette sandwiches and fruit tart's ever!
I hope you all get a chance to see this place one day!
Love you, bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment