Aprils London Sunshine

Thursday, 11 December 2008

Indian Miniature is done...FINALLY!




Good Morning! YES, finally I have finished my Indian Miniature! We were given the assignment to copy a miniature that we liked-I didn't like any of the compositions that I saw but I liked certain elements... so I gathered those elements and made my own composition...This one has come a long way... as you can plainly see below... I hadn't decided what I was going to do for the background... and Desmond (the instructor) did those clouds that weren't quite what I had in mind... and then as I added the river in the background and established the sky color... it needed a darker "evening" shade of colors... so eventually it has now turned into what you see now above...








You may have not noticed until I point out that the paper we were given to paint on is 200 years old! I seriously don't know why he thought that was a good idea except to prove that the paper company is great but it makes me wonder how long this will last; since 200 years have already passed... and if you know me well; I have issues with doing things that don't last--drives me up the wall... If I am going to spend my time doing it; I want it to last as long as possible! But I survived the crinkling, folds, and small tears in the process and I just hope that maybe this will at least survive another 100 years? I don't know... Anyhow I have some Islimi and calligraphy that goes with this to direct the story line and purpose of why I chose to put these elements together but I'll give that explanation when I finish that aspect... and because I still have other work to do today... oh and if you are wondering this miniature is twice the size of the Persian miniature; this one is roughly 7.5 x 12.5 inches but for a larger view of any of the pictures you can just click on them, I think...? Okay well I gotta get going...
So have a great day! Love you all!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

even if it lasts 80 years that's pretty cool - at least i think it is...;) once again i'm very impressed with you and your talents! very nicely done. considering the details and the size this little guy is makes it even that more impressive.

love you!!!!!