If I was at home, this would be just another normal day of winter wonderland weather... But In London, an inch of snow is a big deal--my flight once got delayed for 5 hours because of an inch of snow; we had to wait for the sun to melt it off because they only had one de-icing machine for the entire terminal but this kind of snow is unbelievably huge! All school's were canceled and closed including my own!
I really shouldn't laugh but it was hilarious to listen to the neighbors try to maneuver their cars this morning at 6 am by spinning their tires...no one knows how to drive in the snow here and no one has snow shovels, or salt... so it was hard to help because no one had anything to work with. The guy got his car stuck backing out of the parking lot...every one else didn't even try to get out; they just stayed home...I think they said something like 6.5 million people couldn't get to work today. None of the buses were in service today and 800 flights were canceled! Its been 18 yrs since they have had this much snow!
This is the view outside the kitchen/family room of the flat I live in...
And this is the view looking the other direction....not that you can see it but just beyond the fence running left to right is the infamous street Brick Lane... but I live at the northern end of the street where its not so busy...
Obviously this is looking down on the little road below...my bedroom window is level with the road... Our flat is 3 stories...the shower and Patricia's room is on the top floor....then the kitchen in the middle, and the semi-basement room is mine...
Sometimes the neighbor hood on National holidays has a bonfire in that little place...
Hope you are all having a wonderful day! Love you all!
3 comments:
APRIL! I love that you're doing a blog! And I must see more pics, I love that you are showing pics of london...so cool. We love you, and we'll be watching you!
Wow! That is a ton of snow for London. How fun. It is great to see pics of the city :)
You have been busy!! I totally owe you an email and it's coming.. haha. April I LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!! That's all there is to it. I could sit and look at it for hours. It's exquisite and fascinating. I can't wait to hear about all the symbolism behind each project.. because if there's one thing I know - each one of your pieces is chalk full of symbolism.
I hope you're enjoying the snow =D We got a bunch too.. but our city is able to function ;)
Love you!!!!!
Post a Comment